Elshan was born in Tehran, Iran on May 22nd, 1985. He is currently living as a permanent resident in the United States. The aforementioned is studying for his MBA in the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University. He has traveled to 34 countries and participated in chess tournaments worldwide and is a chess Grand Master with lots of experiences as a player, coach, organizer, FIDE chief of delegate and chess journalist.
He has a Bachelor’s of Science in Chemical Engineering from the Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran.
Chess Coaching Experience:
• Vice-chief Coach of Iran’s national team of Iran (2011)
• Has worked as a chief-assistant in one of the camp of Turkish national team.
• Had some tutoring with Indians who were living in Dubai (2006)
• Trained Asian and world medal winners in age category tournaments
Achievements in Chess:
• National Champion of Iran at the age of 16 (2001)
• Member of Iran national team (Dec 2000 - Jan 2012)
• Member of Iranian national team in four chess Olympiads (2004, 2006, 2008, 2010)
• International Master (2004)
• Grand Master (2005)
• Honorary medal of Sharif University for “Outstanding achievement in life and chess” (2006)
• Winner of Bronze medal in 15th Asian Games (Qatar 2006)
• Iran Best Player of the year (2006)
• Champion of Asian cities team championship (Lebanon 2009)
• 3rd in Asian team chess championship (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011)
• Certified FIDE trainer (FT 2011)
• Participated in the World Cup (Russia 2011)
• The most successful chess coach of juniors in Iran (2011)
• Prize winner in several international open tournaments
• North American Invitational - clear first (2012)
• Saint Louis Invitational- shared first and won first on tie break (2012)
• Saint Louis Open - shared first and won first on tie break (2012)
• Champion of US NCAA collegiate Final four (2012)
He is currently writing a chess book for the famous series called “Grandmaster Repertoires” for the Quality Chess Publication and collaborated as an analyst and annotator for ChessBase.